The Energizer Smoothie is one of my favorite all-time smoothies—and favorite items from the new Health & Wellness Menu at the Four Seasons New York Downtown. Not only does it taste great, but the beets can improve blood flow and boost your stamina. (And who doesn’t need extra energy as fall begins?)
Beets have a natural sweetness, and the addition of blueberries and ginger give it a nice kick. It's also a way to get my kids to eat veggies.
- 2/3 Cup Cooked Red Beets
- 1 TBSP Ginger Juice
- 1/4 Cup Frozen Blue Berries
- 1 TBSP Agave
- 1/4 Cup Cold Pressed Apple Juice
- 1 TBSP Lime Juice
- Freeze blueberries overnight or at least 4 hours.
- Place beets, ginger, blueberries and honey in a Vitamix blender.
- Pulse until all ingredients come together and blend on high speed.
- With the blender running, pour in apple juice and lime juice and blend until smooth.
— Shaun Acosta
Shaun Acosta—an avid traveler—honed his talents at San Francisco’s Michelin star restaurant, Acquerella, followed by the Hyatt Regency and, finally, on the Big Island of Hawaii at Four Seasons Resort Hualalai. Ultimately, he traded one island for another—and moved to New York City, bringing his sustainable and local approach to food to Four Seasons New York Downtown as executive chef. Today, he is married to his high school sweetheart, Keeley, and has two daughters, Ellie and Gracie.