Along with the approach of the summer season comes the wide availability of fresh, seasonal herbs. Filled with health-enhancing phytonutrients, fresh herbs pack big flavor, while adding minimal calories.
This simple, fast recipe for Baked Eggs With Fresh Herbs is a great source of protein and healthy fat to start the day. I like to pop these in the oven when I get up in the morning and let them bake while I get ready, so that—before I run out the door—I can fill my stomach with a nutrient-dense, low effort bite.
Ingredients (4 servings)
Mixed fresh herbs (basil, dill, cilantro, oregano, thyme, chives), roughly chopped & divided
Oil or butter
Sea Salt & Pepper
1. Lightly grease individual ramekins and sprinkle in herbs.
2. Crack an egg in each ramekin and season with salt & pepper.
3. Place ramekins in baking dish and fill w/about 1 ½ inches of hot water or enough to come halfway up side of ramekins.
4. Bake in 375 degree oven for 15 minutes or until eggs are set.
5. Garnish with remaining fresh herbs.