A twist on traditional hummus and packed with protein and healthy fats, this dip makes for a perfect warm weather light lunch or snack. From picnic to poolside, try it with English cucumber chips or use it to fill a wrap. If you can’t find sunflower seed butter, substitute almond or cashew butter.
2 cloves garlic, peeled
½ teaspoon sea salt
1 ½ cups ready-to-eat, shelled edamame
Zest of 1 lemon
½ cup lemon juice
1/3 cup sunflower seed butter
2-4 tablespoons avocado oil
Sea salt, to taste
- Place garlic and salt in the bowl of a food processor.
- Turn on and run motor until garlic is minced.
- Add shelled edamame, lemon zest, lemon juice and sunflower seed butter.
- Pulse to combine.
- Add 2 tablespoons avocado oil and process until smooth.
- Add additional avocado oil to reach desired creaminess.
- Season with salt.
- Serve sprinkled with smoked paprika.