We’re finally seeing some sunshine after a tough winter in New York City’s concrete jungle and, as a native to this fair city, it seems like walking is part of my everyday—especially when the streets start to thaw out.
Since we’ve all been cooped up in our homes and offices for the past few months, I want to see more people creeping out of their buildings and exploring what the city has to offer. Here are a few of my favorite things to do on two feet, now that spring is blooming:
1. Leave an extra 30 minutes before or after an appointment and walk there instead of taking a cab or the subway.
2. If your appointment is too far to walk to, get off the subway a couple stops early, so you can get a little exercise in.
3. Walk Manhattan’s waterfronts—both east and west side views are breathtaking!
4. Central Park. Need I say more?
5. The women at Agent of Change often opt for stairs over elevators; why not you too?
Remember, true health is about feeling great, and what better way to do that than connecting with your city? Experience a new season and a new you with nothing more than a trusty pair of shoes and the beat of the urban drum.